w00t! Day of Defeat 2.0
was released yesterday! I've been playing for nearly the entire time i've been awake. And as such, have already figured out the pros and cons to this game.
- Beautiful graphics, a huge improvement
- All new animations. Again, beautiful.
- Realtime Voice chat with microphones.
- New Machine Gunner class.
- 10 new maps
- Addictive as always
- More realistic (Cant fire while crawling, swimming, or climbing ladders. Aim is worse while standing, and even worse while moving)
- Ammo drops
- New maps seem to have too many places you can get stuck in.
- Almost too detailed, causes nearly all servers to have noticeable lag.
- Realtime Voice chat with microphones will be abused by little kids, forcing everyone to turn off the ability to listen, therefore making it useless.
- Machine Gunner class is almost too good. It's like a rapid fire sniper rifle.
- Aim sometimes seems a little off, even at close range.
all and all, i say this is a great game. If it werent for the lag problems and the problems with aiming, i would call this the best mod i've ever played. In fact, without these problems i would call it one of the best games
of all time.
damn i'm a nerd...